
We took a trip to the photographer today for our 6 month photo appointment. It's a little over a week early but we couldn't really find a better time.
Arthur was a very good boy for his pictures but he just wasn't himself overall today. He was flushed during the photo session and felt a little warm so we gave him a little tylenol which seemed to help.
We've been told that teething babies can get a little fever and rosy cheeks. His gums don't look any different than they have the past few days so I think it's going to be a long process for him. Those little swollen bumps haven't changed but we're hoping the teeth come through soon to spare him extended discomfort.
As with the rest of the week, his teething hasn't affected his appetite. He excitedly and ravenously consumed his squash, cereal, and apples today. (Yay for first fruit!). We're still only doing solids at dinner because his nutritional needs don't require more yet. As we did when we started food in general, we'll just wait for his cues to see when it seems like he needs more and then talk to his doctor again. We're not in any rush and he's been doing very well this way. I really enjoy our meal times but it's bittersweet in some ways to see him growing up so fast.
The teeth, I would like to rush. I don't like seeing him so uncomfortable and want it to be over for his sake...
No comments:
Post a Comment