We left at about 2PM to make the drive to the North Shore for my appointment. We had about a half hour to stop at my parent's house and pick up my mom. It gave me a chance to use the restroom, of course, and show her my son's 2-year DVD that we made.
The appointment went well....it was fast. While she had me all worried about my "normal" reading last week of 120/80, it was a nice 124/72 today (which made her and I both happy). I was afraid that my fear of it "jumping" would actually cause it to do so. While I waited for my appointment, my mom did some Reiki on me and that eased me right down. I was still apprehensive when she took the reading but I just focused on breathing and it all worked out.
I'm measuring right where I should, 32 weeks and my weight is up .5 lbs since two weeks ago, bringing my total to a modest 13lbs. I'm certainly eating like a cow...but I'm glad that I'm not ballooning up. I don't want any blood pressure concerns and I'd really like to not have a huge baby growing in there. I'm visualizing a comfortable 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 lbs. That's where I'd like to be so that's what I'm picturing for the baby.
The hypnobirthing class was very nice again. It's such a mix of parents in the room! Some, I do question how they ended up in this class but I give them kudos for trying. We have one who has never seen a birth video and was going "oh!", "Are they really blue like that?" and was kind of clutching her mouth when we watched them (and these were CALM hypnobirth videos). Then we've got the other mom who comes in with her latte and hasn't yet been able to experience any of the visualizations. I really do give her a lot of credit for being there though because it must be harder for her. Only two of us are going to the birth center and the rest have chosen hospital births.
There's another mom who like me, wanted a homebirth, but also had a spouse who wasn't 100% on the same page so we've chosen the birth center as a compromise. The mom next to me is fun to sit next too. Like me, she has no qualms about making herself comfortable on the beanbags on the floor and she's a snacker. I like her and can relate.
Then it was back to my parent's house to rescue my dad from babysitting. My grandmother and cousin happened to stop by and were there when we arrived. So my son was awake 2 hours past his normal bedtime and we had to leave at 9:15 because we had a nearly two hour drive. I felt bad leaving but we really couldn't stick around.
I'm off to bed soon after my son's cake has cooled a little (he turns two tomorrow). And we're both working in the morning so sleep is looking really good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment