Thursday, August 16, 2007

Robin's 2 Month Checkup and Arthur's New Backpack


Robin: Robin had his two month well baby visit today and he is doing really great. He's gained just about 3 lbs in the past six weeks, which puts him currently at the size of the average newborn..ha ha ha. But his gain is a really really good indication that he's doing just fine and he's fully recovered from his surgery.


The doctor was very happy with how well he lifts his head when he is on his tummy. Although, I've kind of felt the opposite when I'm holding him. I feel like his head is floppier than it should be, but I guess he's really just fine. His eyes, ears, fingers, toes and all that are just fine. They're happy not seeing him again until his four month visit.


Stats from today:


7 lbs 13 oz
21.5 inches long (He grew 3 inches in two months???)
Head: 14.5 inches
Chest: 13.75 inches


Arthur: We went out this weekend on a little day trip because we really don't get to do that too often. It was a very nice day just the four of us and in our travels we found a wee little backpack for Arthur that was on clearance and just too cute! There was a red one and a yellow one and no matter how hard Joanne tried, she couldn't get him to pick the red one (which she liked more). After three attempts of him picking the yellow one (which I preferred), she conceded and yellow it was!

He got to practice with it today when he spent a couple of hours at his aunt Patti's house while I brought Robin to the doctor. I was able to fit two diapers, two swim diapers, a bathing suit and shirt, a towel, three snacks, sunscrean, and a water bottle...all of which he managed to carry himself. Good deal!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congrats on Robin's weight gain! He's looking really good! Arthur is very cute, and looks so grown up with his backpack. I just love your blog, I wish I could keep up with mine, but I'm terrible at thinking what to write.