
He eludes cats, poops all over the place, wakes you up at night by scratching in the radiator, and steals matches to make a nice but hopefully non-flammable nest somewhere in the bowels of your house that you will never reach. And I highly suspect that he is responsible for my middle track light that only sometimes works.
Oh, and apparently he might also inflict the deadly hantavirus on you and your family...
I have respect for all life and harming another mammal that I don't intend to eat really saddens me..and I tried the nice way with only those cute humane traps, plus some crunchy homeade set-ups that were sworn to have great succuss (yeah right)..but after learning of this hantavirus thing (which kills a surprisingly large number of mouse inflicted people), I decided it had to be us or them. More specifically, I chose my children's health and well being and am trying my best to put aside my guilt in the name of not having a potentially mouse paw ridden, hantavirus filled carpet that Robin crawls on and usually eats stuff off of.
I've given them options though...there are 5 different kinds of peanut butter loaded traps in my basement. I'm hoping every last one will choose some version of the humane traps, but if they don't....I will most definitely feel bad but I will do what needs to be done.
2 comments:
I hate to say it Jen, but yea he is cute in the picture.
Congrats on the new van!! I love ours. I love how Arthur is saying goodbye. I took our goodbye harder than my dds.
The boys look as cute as ever.
Ditto. Maybe huck Mickey out in the woods somewhere? Then at least SOMETHING is eating him. Circle of life, and all that. You're just helping nature a little bit.
Happy - or at least successful - hunting.
Post a Comment