Sunday, October 12, 2008

Maybe if it was a 7 day weekend...

Usually when I pick patterns from books called "Weekend projects" or "Weekend crochet", I envision a couple of nights watching movies and boom! There's your project.



Maggie's doll is done...and I have to admit that I'm a pretty fast crocheter. I've been doing it more than twenty years. But this was no weekend project. I suppose maybe it could be if you didn't eat, sleep, or pee and never got off your couch for the full 48 hours. The body of the doll, plus hair took a good 8 hours. The dress took at least 6 more.



But a week or so later, and too much television...here it is. The downside is that I've realized that Robin's project didn't take me nearly as long so I'll have to make him something to go with it. I haven't even started Arthur's Rocket ship yet...ha ha ha





4 comments:

Rebecca said...

very cute!!

luckyduck said...

That is very cute! You are so talented!
Jill

Susie said...

So cute! It was totally worth the time. Any hey, I could go for a 7 day weekend right about now!

Unknown said...

OMG - I wonder if you could recreate this doll I had when I was a kid. It wasn't a doll actually, it was a crocheted black cat in pink pajamas :o) It was my FAVORITE and I lost her over 25 yrs ago, but when I saw Maggie's doll, it all came back to me.

Let me see if I can find what she used to look like and you can tell me what you would charge!

Miss you!

Ann