Tuesday, March 27, 2007

3 Hour Appointment, Switch to Birth Center

My first official appointment at the birth center went very well. I was pretty excited. The midwife I saw (there are 7) was very young and very giggley. Almost everything I said made her laugh. She was pretty nice and I could tell she was new.

My mom and son were with me, which was a good thing because they decided to do the glucose test and some bloodwork right then so I needed to walk to the lab, drink the glucose drink, then wait an hour to get my blood drawn. Then back to the birth center for my Rhogam shot.

My mom also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was nice for her because she's never heard it before. I don't think she ever even got to hear mine (not sure if they did that 30 years ago)

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the change. I've also enrolled the three of us (Joanne & my mom too) in a hypnobirthing class. I think it's going to be a really good thing for me and am feeling really glad that we were able to find one we could all attend.

Yay for being able to take steps in the direction of having the birth I really want!

No comments: