There's one park close to Joanne's work that is geared towards children 5 and under. It has a bark mulch covering which has been deemed the safest playground covering by a mile and the whole area is fenced and gated in which greatly reduces the chance of one running off into the marina. This has been the playground of choice since we discovered it.
Now I'm glad we have another option because this one turned out to be excellent as well. Again with the safest bark mulch landing pad, there's a very large fenced in grassy area to run and play ball. There are picnic tables and right across the circle are some nice walking trails. You can definitely make it a half-day trip. It's away from any main roads and in a quiet, safe area. I had a nice time with my neighbor and met some other local moms too. They all knew each other so I felt a little like a fourth wheel but it was nice to have all of the kids playing together.
We decided to go out after dinner tonight being that it was so nice and I recommended to Joanne that I bring her down to this park since she didn't know where it was. We had a nice time before bringing the boys home for bed and we got some cute pictures too.
Bark mulch (and sand) are not good play spaces for crawlers. Especially for crawlers who like to eat random specks off of floors. But wearing Robin solved the problem. It gave me two free hands to attend to Arthur and Robin was quite happy and entertained. Whichever pre-historic mama who invented the baby sling should be forever congratulated.
Here's some photos from our after dinner excursion.
Oh, and since I feel badly so quickly bumping my welcome post for the twins...if you haven't had a chance to see our friend's new additions here is the link: (Rohan and Ian)
2 comments:
Great park, Jenn - Robyn is getting so "big"! Such cuties. :) Glad to see you back posting on BBC.
It's great to have another nice place to go, and some new mommies and kids to hang out with....
Post a Comment