
I've still been haphazardly putting Robin on the potty seat every couple of days for kicks. No big drama...no big announcements. Tonight he was sitting on the couch with me and I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty (since he was in just a diaper anyway..it's just easier during dinner sometimes, trust me).
He scratched a little at the front part of his diaper (which he sometimes does if I ask him if he needs a diaper change). His hair was feeling a little "crustier" than it should so I figured I'd toss him in the bath too.
Off we went to the bathroom and I stripped off his diaper and put him on the potty seat and told him to go pee.
And he did! Full stream.
He got yays and cheers and a tiny piece of chocolate that Joanne was nibbling on anyway. And he had his bath and got to try on his new bathrobe that our friend Joan got him for Christmas.
I'm a skeptic that it's really going to be this easy. I know he's not ready to tell us when he has to go so I imagine it's going to sort of be haphazard like this for a while. Arthur was a lot older (2.5) and much more mature about it. When he trained, he fully trained. 2.5 day and night and no going back to diapers. It was so quick and shocking. I envision Robin as a bit of a slower process...he's younger.
Robin is so much less of a communicator about things in general. It's not that I don't have faith in his toddler brilliance (ha ha) but I guess I just can't venture to believe that his crotchal scratching at the word "pee" or "diaper" and his piddling on command is anything more than dumb luck at this point. I'm super sensitive to the fact that pottying is a very low pressure thing in our house. We don't "push" it and we don't force it and we don't get frustrated at the whole diapering aspect. Diapers just "are". The come with the turf of having kids. And they don't particularly frustrate me either way.
Heck if I won't keep presenting the potty though. I'm curious to see where this is going to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment