I can't believe how quickly these appointments seem to come together. I went in today thinking it was just another follow-up for her ear infection and I completely forgot she was having a full physical.
Because I had all of the kids with me, we got a downstairs room and got to see our first pediatrician. She's due any day and I was eager for baby news. Not yet!
Maggie still has this ear infection. She went through 10 days of penicillin which did nothing. Then 10 days of augmentin which gave her a rash the very last day. And the ear infection is still here. I hate loading her up on antibiotics because that also can have side effects. But the infection was really bad and it's been so long and the poor thing really isn't sleeping well. So we're going to try the zythromax and check in again with them in two weeks.
It's not like our kids haven't had ear infections but Arthur really only ever had one. And Robin had 2 or 3 that were diagnosed. But theirs both went away on their own or with an antibiotic. Maggie has been really persistent with hers. If it's still not clearing up we might check in with an ear specialist but we'll just have to wait and see. The pediatrician thinks she's teething too so that could be aggravating things.
Developmentally the Dr. said she's doing awesome. She can sit on her own for long period of time and she can reach and grab things to play when she is sitting. She's making appropriate sounds and her movement is good. She's still got that weird fat pad under her neck and a little bit of rigidness but otherwise her range of motion is good and we just keep doing little exercises with her neck.
Her size is good and she's growing as she should still.
Height: 26.50 inches (A: 26.50 R: 25.75)
Weight: 14 lbs 3 oz (A: 17 lbs R: 12 lbs 6 oz)



3 comments:
Love that big gummy smile!
What a cutie! My gosh, does she look like Arthur!
Oh my goodness--she's a spittin' image of Arthur! Your kiddos are sooooo cute!
Post a Comment